From our healthy manager, Chelsea Vassaur
I hope you all had a Happy Thanksgiving! One that was filled with lots of family, laughter and love. As we sit and reflect on this past week’s festivities, let’s take a short minute to recap on the last blog. The holidays aren’t an excuse to put your health on the back burner. I repeat…the holidays are not an excuse to put your health on the back burner. These next few months will be challenging. The upcoming holidays will be centered around food and sweets. With that being said, allow me to introduce you to the “Dedicated December Challenge”.
The Dedicated December Challenge will be covered more in the next blog, but I wanted to go ahead and introduce this challenge so everyone can hop on board and get prepared! So let’s briefly talk about the requirements and expectations. 🙂
- I want you to become as hydrated as you have ever been before! Start each morning with a 8 oz. glass of water and go from there. Take pictures of your water throughout the day and upload them under this blog post on the NORM Facebook page with the hashtag, “#DDCHydrate”. Get creative with it, let’s see what you got!
- Find your food weakness, whether it be chocolate, candy, chips…whatever it may be, take it and give it up! Why you ask? Studies have shown if you consecutively manage to stay in the routine of something for three weeks in a row, you can adapt that routine for life. I really want to challenge you all to make a positive life change, so why not start now? Keep it out of your home, avoid it if it’s in the office, don’t purchase it anymore and most importantly, don’t consume it. Check in with the NORM Facebook page and upload your progress and consistency under this blog post with the hashtag, “#DDCRoutine”, motivate others and let us celebrate your accomplishment with you!
- Track your miles! Let’s take more walks and not let the cold weather hinder our activity level. Whether you take a walk on a treadmill or for a stroll around your neighborhood, track it! At the end of December, tally up your miles and post them under this blog post on the…you guessed it, NORM Facebook page with the hashtag, “#DDCMiles” at the end of the month, we will choose the winner and even send you a special prize!
- One question I find myself asking my clients is, “What is one area you are lacking nutritionally?” I ask this often, because not only is my job to hold them accountable and avoid poor nutritional habits, but to also encourage them to try new and beneficial food. I want the same for you! It could be anything, one main concern is not including enough greens or vegetables in your diet. Whatever yours may be, add it! Push yourself to try that vegetable that you’ve been afraid to try, get up earlier than you are used to to ensure you eat a proper breakfast. Please challenge yourself on this one.
- Workout at least 2-4 times a week! Seriously. You can do it. This one will test you, but anything worth wanting is worth fighting for. For some of you, these upcoming months will be the critical time to get the “summer bod” that you have been wanting, and for everyone else, it’s time to just feel better about yourselves. Let’s start this uphill journey now, that way we can feel our best and maybe break out some old clothes we tucked away. I have shared with you different types of exercises, resistance band workouts and at home workouts you can easily do. Really push yourself, get that heart rate going, and let’s sweat! This is a major challenge we definitely want you to share with us. Use the hashtag, #DDCDOMINATE”, post pics of you working out or after your workout under this blog post on the NORM Facebook page!
I am so excited for this upcoming month! This will be such a fun challenge and I cannot WAIT to see the creativity and determination pour out on our Facebook page! So, think about what you are going to change with the five steps I shared and get ready for Dedicated December! Stay tuned for the next blog post that will introduce DDChallange in more detail. Enjoy the final days of November 🙂