Welcome to PhoenixGet to know a little bit about our 2021 host city
We’re planning to socially distance, follow CDC guidelines and see you all in-person in Phoenix, AZ for our 2021 NORM Conference! In preparing for our trip out west, we decided to chat with Convention Services Coordinator Holly Savage from Visit Phoenix to get the inside scoop on how to act like a local while in Phoenix.
This will be a lot of folk’s first time in Phoenix. Can you tell us about some of the great attractions nearby? South Mountain Park and Preserve, Heard Museum, Desert Botanical Garden, The Phoenix Zoo, Phoenix Art Museum, The Science Center, Taliesin West
Can you tell us about anything within walking distance people should check out while we stay in town? The Arizona Grand is a “destination resort” and has very large grounds with many activities. Aunt Chilada’s (Mexican restaurant) is walkable and also Rustler’s Rooste (fun Western venue) has a great view!
What is something unique folks could do in Phoenix in an afternoon? Goat Yoga (scheduled ahead of time), visit the Farm at South Mountain, purchase a picnic meal and eat under the pecan trees while viewing Phoenix from a slightly elevated position. There are food and flower gardens, a great shop with something for everyone, an award-winning restaurant for dinner and animals like chickens that provide eggs for the farm (very close to the resort).
Let’s play a game of fill in the blank!
- If you’re looking for a good time at night in Phoenix, you should… check out Downtown Phoenix, Downtown Tempe or Downtown/Old Town Scottsdale
- If you’ve never eaten in Phoenix, you have to try our… Pizzeria Bianco in Downtown Phoenix
- If you brought your kids to Phoenix, they’d love…The Phoenix Zoo, The Science Center, https://www.discoversaltriver.com/play, Hall of Flame Museum or desert hikes
- If you’re looking to relax in Phoenix, you should go to… a spa for an entire day: https://www.visitphoenix.com/things-to-do/spas-health/
- If you want to really experience Phoenix, you have to… take in a few of our top 10 attractions: https://www.visitphoenix.com/things-to-do/top-10-phoenix-attractions/
- If you want to sound like a local say… “the weather is awesome today” and “yep” instead of “yes”
- If you want to eat like a local…try tacos or any of our Downtown breweries