The change in seasons is upon us and it has us all excited for new and fresh things. Nature has much to offer as we head into the warmer months. The sun shines longer, the fruits get sweeter, and the plants get greener. Spring is an excellent time to recommit to healthy, fresh food and experiment with different flavors in your kitchen. It’s also a great time to revamp your workday lunch repertoire with bright and delicious foods.
During a busy day at any medical practice, you may not have time to take a break, let alone run out for lunch, or make health a priority. To get you in the spirit of a fresh new season, here are some easy spring recipes that will leave you feeling better and lighter throughout your workday.
- This deliciously satisfying Spring Green Goddess sandwich from Feasting at Home will leave you feeling full and nourished all day long. Prepare ahead with smashed chickpeas, crunchy carrots and radishes, cucumber, avocado, and bean sprouts—a fast and healthy lunch, perfect for the super busy medical professional.
- Half Baked Harvest created this yummy and beautiful Vibrant Spring Broccoli Buddha Bowl that’s packed full of vitamins, minerals, veggies, grains, and healthy fats. If you need a nutritious energy boost to get you through the day, this is definitely the lunch for you.
- Chock full of fiber, potassium, and healthy fats, an Avocado Toast recipe from Veggie Inspired makes a fabulous breakfast or lunch! Choose a rustic bread and top it with crunchy radishes and hemp hearts for the perfect on-the-go meal. Pair it with some fresh, in-season fruits, such as strawberries or pineapple.
- This Sesame Chicken Slaw Salad from Taste of Home offers the perfect combination of sweet, tangy, and savory. Ingredients such as avocado, clementine’s, and red peppers provide a ton of flavor, vibrant colors, and lots of vitamins to keep your immunity boosted and your belly full.
- Believe it or not, smoothies are not just limited to breakfast. Jazz up your lunch by turning your every day, lackluster smoothie into a healthy bowl. A smoothie bowl is a great way to shake up your routine and pack in lots of servings of fruits and vegetables in one meal. A lovely Beet and Berry Rainbow Smoothie Bowl from Elizabeth Ridder will be sure to break up your dull smoothie blues and have you ready for spring!
- Mason Jar Salads are the most perfect of all grab and go lunches. They are easy to prepare, full of healthy ingredients, will save money, and clean-up is a breeze. Check out these five different mix and match mason jar salad recipes from The Girl on Bloor.
Spring is an excellent time to take advantage of all the fresh produce. When you cook food that’s in season, it’s tastier, fresher, more beneficial, and more nutritious. Not to mention, it’s usually inexpensive compared to out of season produce, and it’s better for the environment. As you prepare to head into your day at work this spring season, consider these plant-powered spring recipes that will keep you energized and ready to take on the day.
If you have any healthy and delicious spring lunch recipe ideas, please share them on our Facebook page.Posted by